Vacancy: Office Administrator / Receptionist – MKC Communications
MKC Communications is one of Ireland’s leading PR agencies. We deliver a range of public relations, corporate communications, media relations, public affairs and lobbying services to clients across a broad spectrum of industry sectors, including financial services, information technology, pharmaceutical, energy, healthcare, food, agri-business and not-for-profit organisations.
As part of ongoing growth and to fill a vacancy created by internal promotion, we are looking for a receptionist/office assistant to support our team and the administration of our business.
You will undertake administrative tasks and support the operations manager to ensure the efficient running of the MKC office. We will consider both full time and part time applicants.
The ideal candidate will have excellent people skills, ability to multi-task, be able to take direction, understand how to prioritise tasks and have the ability to work on an independent basis. They will be reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Responsible for the smooth, efficient and professional operation of the front office/reception area
- Interact with clients, visitors, suppliers and MKC colleagues
- Answer phones and email correspondence
- Sort and distribute incoming mail
- Arrange meetings by reserving rooms and managing refreshments
- Sign for delivered packages and organise couriers/taxis
- Assist operations manager with office activities and general operations
- Support operations manager to implement company policies and procedures to secure efficiency and compliance across all teams
- Support basic bookkeeping procedures and file management
- Assist with database management of client, supplier, personnel and other data
- Keep track of office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Petty cash management
- Co-ordinate general office tasks including maintenance of the office
- Assist colleagues with client-related administrative work whenever necessary
- Previous experience preferred
- 3rd level or further education graduate
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal abilities
- Familiarity with office administrative procedures and basic bookkeeping
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite
- Ability to maintain a strict level of confidence
- Professional appearance and excellent personal skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Reports to: Operations Manager
Please send a CV and cover letter to Fiona Byrne – firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is September 25th, 2018.